This inquiry has taken me on a journey from learning the benefits of stretching to creating a new routine for myself, and why it is important to incorporate body breaks and stretching in the classroom.

This week I want to take you on a tour of a few places located on Vancouver Island. These places all have wonderful views, and are a great area to stretch and be active!

Dallas Road

The iconic Dallas Road, even on a rainy day it is beautiful, with views of the Juan De Fuca and the Olympic Mountains.

The spot I particularly enjoy is Clover Point, with those views who wouldn’t want to work out!

Cordova Bay

Along Cordova Bay road there are many opportunities to stop and walk down to the beaches. These beaches are peaceful, but also are a great place to bring a yoga mat, and get stretching. With multiple access points, for example, Parker Beach, Agate Beach, and Cordova Bay Beach.

Here is a photo I  took from the top of an entry to Cordova Bay Beach.

Pkols

Pkols is also known as Mount Doug Park. There are many different ways to access the top of Pkols, with multiple trails, different terrains, or a simple drive. At the top, there is a great view and a wonderful platform for exercising. The view looks over Victoria, and you can even see the ocean from the top. It is a wonderful place to go if you are looking for somewhere new to exercise or stretch.

Mount Tolmie

This is another great place with a wonderful view! It even has a flat platform that you can exercise and stretch on.

Now, these are just a few examples of some great places to go if you are wanting to be active and enjoy a beautiful view.  I will keep looking for new spots because Vancouver Island is filled with them!

Photo by Alora Griffiths on Unsplash