As this semester has come to an end I just wanted to take the time to reflect on it.

The First Semester

When I began this blog and EDCI 336 in general, I felt very nervous and overwhelmed. Do I have to make a blog?! I have never had the chance to do so in my life. Each week we were asked to write about something we learned in the class. This was a great tactic because it not only gave me content for my blog, but it gave me the time to think about what I learned, and reflect on it too!

Some of the top things I took away were:

• Jesse Miller’s Presentation
  • The idea of inquiry
  • How technology can be used in the classroom
  • Different platforms for creating
  • How to edit and post a video
  • Screencasting
  • And so much more

This class has given me the tools and confidence for embedding technology within the classroom, and my own work.

Looking Forward

Reflecting on the past semester also encouraged me to think about the future. How much I have learned in the last few months, makes me think about how much more I will learn in the future. Technology is ever-changing, and it can be a large support for future education. It also stresses the importance of being a future teacher who embraces it and learns it.  This class has given me the opportunity to challenge myself, and I am proud to say that I will continue to use technology and find diverse ways to integrate it into the classroom.

Thank You!

Photo by Marvin Meyer on Unsplash